If you’re heading to one of our luxury beach house rentals SC, chances are you enjoy the water. A Charleston beach house is a great way to experience it, since most of ours are right on the beach.
Of course another way to experience the water is being ON it, namely, in a boat. If you’re interested in a deep sea fishing trip or perhaps just a sail around Charleston Harbor while you’re here staying in one of our beach rentals Charleston, just give us a call. We’ll hook you up with some terrific local options.
If you are a true boat lover who is in the market for a nautical vessel, or perhaps just someone who wants to see the latest and greatest that the boating world has to offer — you may want to check out a big event this weekend.
It’s the 36th annual Charleston Boat Show, and it’s a biggie. Believe it or not, they are expecting 10,000 people over the course of the weekend.
Here are some details:
- Come kick off the season with all kinds of boats: powerboats, yachts, cruisers, skiffs, ski boats, small jon boats and more – over 80 brands and hundreds of new models;
- Coastal Fishing Expo going on Sat. and Sun.;
- “Angler Academy”;
- Department of Natural Resources fishing simulator;
- Demos by members of the International Guild of Knot Tyers;
- Pirate treasure hunts;
- Fishing classes for kids – “Hook the Future”;
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday;
- For more info, to purchase tickets or download the free app: http://www.thecharlestonboatshow.com/
The show is very family-friendly and has a lot of fun things for kids including face painting and a kiddy bounce. It takes place at the Charleston Area Convention Center, at 5001 Coliseum Drive in North Charleston (not far from the airport and across from Tanger Outlet). It’s a pretty straightforward drive from all our rental homes South Carolina, be they Isle of Palms luxury rentals or Folly Beach house rentals Charleston SC.
Free Food Truck Festival
Get set for:
- 18 different popular local food trucks gathered in one place (check out the poster above for who’s coming)
- A cash bar
- Kids’ activities
- Live music from Igoe Sisters, Funk You Folly and Dante’s Camaro
- Stand-up comedy
- Grab a gourmet lunch or dinner, since it runs from 11:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
- Where? At Lowcountry Local First, 1630 Meeting Street on the downtown peninsula, convenient to all our luxury beach house rentals SC
Mega oyster roast near our luxury beach house rentals SC
And don’t forget, this weekend is also the 33rd annual Lowcountry Oyster Roast happening at Boone Hall Plantation.
Oyster roasts are a beloved Lowcountry tradition, dating back at least to the early 1800’s. This is your chance to experience one in a very big way – 80,000 pounds worth. It’s going on Sunday, and it’s an extremely popular event. Read more about it in this BLOG.
Boone Hall is convenient to all our SC vacation rentals and especially our Isle of Palms vacation rentals. From your luxury house on Isle of Palms, just cross the IOP Connector, head north on Highway 17, and turn left at the light. This Sunday the weather report looks gorgeous, so word to the wise – leave your beach house Charleston early to avoid the crowds.
Here’s the website where you can buy advance tickets and save some $ – http://www.charlestonrestaurantassociation.com/lowcountry-oyster-festival/
So bon appétit, and happy boating!
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger