If you’re heading to one of our luxury beach house rentals SC, chances are you like the water. A Charleston beach house is a great way to experience it, since most of ours are right on the beach.
Of course another way to experience the water is being ON it – namely, in a boat. If you’re interested in a deep sea fishing trip or perhaps just a sail around Charleston Harbor while you’re here staying in one of our beach rentals Charleston, just give us a call. We’ll hook you up with some terrific local options. It’s a great activity for all ages staying in your beach house Charleston.
If you are a true boat lover who is in the market for a nautical vessel, hope you’re here in one of our Isle of Palms vacation rentals this weekend. Or perhaps you’re just someone who wants to see the latest and greatest that the boating world has to offer. Well, in either case, you may want to check out a big event this weekend.
It’s the 38th annual Charleston Boat Show, and it’s no small gathering. Typically, they expect 10,000 people or more over the course of the weekend.
Here are some details:
- Check out all kinds of boats: powerboats, yachts, cruisers, skiffs, ski boats, small jon boats and more. There are over 80 brands and hundreds of new models!
- Coastal Fishing Expo going on Sat. and Sun.;
- “Angler Academy;”
- Department of Natural Resources Boating Simulator;
- Plenty of live music and food vendors;
- Demos by members of the International Guild of Knot Tyers
- Pirate treasure hunts…. Come meet Captain Jack Sparrow, Anne Bonny and Mary Read;
- Fishing classes for kids;
- Noon – 6:00 today (Friday),10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday;
- For more info and to purchase tickets or download the free app: http://www.thecharlestonboatshow.com/
The show is very family-friendly and has a lot of fun things for kids, including face painting and activities by the Charleston Fun Factory. It takes place at the Charleston Area Convention Center, at 5001 Coliseum Drive in North Charleston. If you’re flying into one of our SC vacation rentals, you’ll land right near it. It’s a pretty straightforward drive from all our rental homes South Carolina, a half hour or less from our Isle of Palms luxury rentals.
Free Food Truck Festival near our luxury beach house rentals SC
Charleston cuisine is hot, eating local is hot, and food trucks are hot. Tomorrow (Saturday, January 27th) you can experience all three at the seventh annual Charleston Food Truck Festival.
This event has grown like mad. What started out with 5 food trucks and 500 customers has exploded. They now have five times as many trucks, and they’re expecting 8,000 attendees. Admission is free, and it’s pay as you go.
Get set for:
- 25 different popular local food trucks gathered in one place;
- Handcrafted beer and wine;
- Live local music;
- Kids’ activities;
- Grab a gourmet lunch or dinner, since it runs from 11:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
- Where? At Park Circle in North Charleston, 4854 O’Hear Avenue, convenient to all our luxury beach house rentals SC;
- Dogs are welcome as long as they’re leashed;
- You’re encouraged to pay in cash to keep the lines moving faster;
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chsfoodtruckfest/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/325774724583787/?active_tab=discussion
Oyster roast time near our luxury beach house rentals SC
And don’t forget, this Sunday is also the world’s largest oyster festival, the Lowcountry Oyster Festival happening at Boone Hall Plantation. Read more about it in this blog.
Oyster roasts are a beloved Lowcountry tradition, dating back at least to the early 1800’s.
If you’d rather not even leave the island to get your oyster roast fix, check out the F.T. Stack Memorial Oyster Roast. It’s happening this Saturday at the Exchange Club on the IOP, a stone’s throw from your luxury house on Isle of Palms.
It’s limited to the first 425 participants. Tickets are $35 advance and $40 at the door if any are left. It’ll be going on from 4:00 till 7:00. Read more about it and get tickets here.
So check out some boats, local cuisine and of course oysters. And remember, when you are looking for beach house rentals Charleston SC, to call EP. We have the very best in luxury beach house rentals SC.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger