Happy Valentine’s Day, whether you’re spending it in a Charleston beach house or someplace else!
(But all things considered, wouldn’t you rather be in a Charleston beach house?)
Believe it or not, Valentine’s Day is the fourth largest spending season of the year. The top shopping times are Christmas, back-to-school time, and Mother’s Day. Easter comes in at #5.
This year, Americans are expected to spend a total of $18.2 billion on their sweeties, according to a survey by the National Retail Federation. Believe it or not, this is a drop of 7.6% from last year, when they spent $19.7 billion.
Apparently, folks will be spending an average of $136 on jewelry, dinner, candy, flowers, cards, apparel, getaways, gift cards and other gifts. Generally, men spend about twice what women do.
Here’s more on the spending stats: http://www.live5news.com/story/34476699/18-billion-expected-to-be-spent-on-valentines-day
Make a gift certificate for a Charleston beach house!
An excellent way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is to take a romantic getaway in the next couple of weeks to Charleston and stay in a Charleston beach house… one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals or a Folly Beach house Charleston. Rates for SC vacation rentals are much lower than they are in the summer, plus you have a better selection of available luxury beach house rentals SC, especially our Isle of Palms vacation rentals.
For an extra special gift for your loved ones, book a Charleston beach house now. Make them a little gift certificate for a beach getaway they can look forward to, and tuck it into a card. Nothing says love quite like spending some great quality time together in one of our beach rentals Charleston!
Other V-Day ideas, in a Charleston beach house or out of one
You don’t have to spend money, though, to express your love to family and friends. Some of the best things in life are free, after all.
The cool company, Red Envelope, suggested top ten ways to express your love. And they’re not just good for romantic relationships… they pretty much apply to anyone you care about – dear friends, cherished family, cool coworkers who help you make it through the day, even your beloved pet.
Here they are:
- PLAY GAMES – friendly competition makes the heart grow fonder;
- JUST DANCE – from ballroom steps to the Cupid Shuffle, it’s fun to get down;
- PUT THE TECHNOLOGY DOWN – ‘nuff said!
- LEAVE NOTES AROUND THE HOUSE, OFFICE, CAR – let people know how you appreciate them… be specific;
- BE SPONTANEOUS – sometimes the best plan is having no plan at all;
- TRY BREAKFAST IN BED – or even better: bacon in bed. Or bring in treats to the office (edible, or flowers for all to enjoy).
- GET OUTSIDE – Walk, hikes or picnics clear the head and open hearts.
- COOK TOGETHER – Try out a new recipe. Make a mess. Eating the meal is only half the fun!
- TAKE UP A NEW HOBBY (or sport) – Learn a language, paint, sign up for paddleboard lessons or an exercise class. More fun when you do it with a buddy!
- REMEMBER TO LAUGH OFTEN – A warm smile makes the bad days better and good days great.
So have fun telling the ones you love, how much you love them. And remember, when you are looking for rental homes South Carolina, namely beach house rentals Charleston SC, to give Exclusive Properties a call. We’ll matchmake you with the perfect luxury house on Isle of Palms.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger