Now that the autumnal season is officially upon us, it’s time for a fall festival or two, or a couple dozen. Literally. The calendar is filled with all matter of seasonal fun.
Fall also happens to be a terrific time to come to Charleston, and to stay in one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. Right now we’re running a special, with up to 30% off. Just give us a holler here at Exclusive Properties and we’ll find you the perfect place at a great rate.
The weather is downright gorgeous. The beaches are less crowded than in peak summer months. Check out our live beach cam for evidence.
And just because it’s the so-called off-season, doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do. Au contraire!
The folks at Hulafrog recently compiled a mega-list of 28 different fall festival or similarly fall-themed events. Seeing as its Hulafrog, they tend to be particularly family-friendly.
I’ll paste a link to the whole list at the bottom. But here are some of the highlights…
Fall Festival Fun in the Lowcountry
- Coastal Carolina Fair
- Pumpkin Patch at Boone Hall
- Pumpkin Patch at Legare Farms
- Fall Festival Market & Movie on James Island
- Charleston Oktoberfest
- Goose Creek Fall Festival
- FAM JAM 2019: a Free Family Festival sponsored by the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
- Harvest Festival on Johns Island
- Scottish Games & Highland Gathering at Boone Hall Plantation
- Princesses & Pumpkins
- Mount Pleasant Children’s Day Fest
- Last Splash at Charleston Aqua Park
- 12th Annual Arts & Crafts Fair at Magnolia Plantation
- Charleston Chinese Lantern Festival
- Charleston’s Hot Air Balloon Festival & Victory Cup Polo Match
- Touch-a-Truck at Palmetto Island County Park (featuring REAL bulldozers, firetrucks, motorcycles, SWAT Team Truck, police cars and more!)
- MOJA Arts Festival
- Oyster Roast & Chili Cook-off
… and that’s not even all of them. It’s a veritable fall festival frenzy!
Here’s a link to the whole list, with plenty of information about each one. They generally give an overview of each event, outlining dates and times, cost or ticket info, appropriateness for each age group (Babies, Preschoolers, Elementary, Tweens, Special Needs), and links to websites where available.
So enjoy fall in the Lowcountry – the perfect time to be in one of the best places on earth.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger