If you’re in one of our luxury beach house rentals SC this weekend, get set to ring out Spoleto with a bang.
First though, as you might recall, this past Friday was National Doughnut Day, as I covered in this BLOG.
Well, tomorrow is the day to celebrate another beloved all-American (not to mention British and Chinese) and particularly Southern treat.
Happy National Tea Day! Saturday, June 10th is officially designated as such.
If you are staying in one of our SC vacation rentals this summer, be it a luxury house on Isle of Palms or a Folly Beach house Charleston, chances are pretty good that some sweet tea will be in your fridge. This is the South, after all, and sweet tea and the beach just seem to go together.
Here’s a blog post that outlines five National Tea Day freebies that you might want to check out HERE.
One of the offers is this: “On Saturday, June 10 from 10a.m. to 2p.m., at participating Teavana stores in the U.S. and Canada, you’ll receive a free iced tea to go. In this instance it is a 24oz. Beach Bellini To-Go. You can also watch a free brewing demo with the Teavana Perfectea Maker.”
Well, you’re in luck, because there’s a lovely new Teavana location on Towne Centre, the shopping center in Mount Pleasant near your Charleston beach house. It’s just over the IOP Connector from our Isle of Palms vacation rentals.
Finale time near our luxury beach house rentals SC
Well, we’re coming up on the final weekend of Spoleto and Piccolo Spoleto. Each year this festival seems to fly by with its whirlwind of cultural events.
The mainline Spoleto Festival finale will take place Sunday at Middleton Place, east of the Ashley. It’s an all-day affair (well, gates and beer garden open at 3:30) that will feature a musical performance by some terrific bands and the traditional fireworks display afterwards. Tickets are required, and this is a very popular event.
Here are the specs:
- Entertainment starting at 4:00 by local acts –
- folk artist Becca Leigh;
- Cosmic Americana group She Returns from War;
- Indie folk band Brave Baby.
- Headliners (8:30): The Revivalists, “a seven-piece roots-driven rock band out of New Orleans, including a pedal steel guitar, horns and keys…”
- Bring chairs, blankets and picnics – seating is on the lawn.
- Come early and enjoy the grounds and garden of Middleton Place.
- Stay late and watch the fireworks over the Ashley River.
- Tickets $40 adults, $36 senior/military, $15 ages 6-12.
- Get tickets here: https://spoletousa.org/events/wells-fargo-festival-finale-featuring-the-revivalists/
Middleton is located at 4300 Ashley River Road in Charleston. It’s a nice drive from all our beach house rentals Charleston SC.
Happening tomorrow night (Saturday June 10th) is the Piccolo Finale. This is a great free event downtown that’ll have excellent music in a family-friendly setting. There will be food and drinks available for purchase, and there are plenty of booths to check out. It’ll go on from 5:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. and would be perfect for everyone staying in your Charleston beach house.
Music will be provided by:
- Sweet Crude, an upbeat Louisiana band that performs cool New Orleans music in English and French;
- New Galaxy Band, a Charleston fave that’ll perform funky danceable covers that blend pop, soul and R&B;
- Singer-songwriter Karoline Rhett, an up-and-coming Lowcountry talent.
It’ll take place near the lake in the beautiful Hampton Park downtown, north of the Crosstown and near the Citadel. If you’re using a GPS, it’s 30 Mary Murray Boulevard in Charleston. It’s also a convenient drive from all our luxury beach house rentals SC. Here’s the scoop: http://www.piccolospoleto.com/piccolo-spoleto-finale/
So happy tea day – and remember, when you are in the market for rental homes South Carolina, namely beach rentals Charleston, call Exclusive Properties. Our Isle of Palms luxury rentals are finale-worthy.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger