As I blogged about last time, this past Saturday was a ballpark brewfest at the Joe near our rental homes South Carolina.
Asheville, NC may be known as Beer City USA, but Charleston isn’t far behind. Breweries are popping up everywhere in the Lowcountry. Since we’re in the peak season for luxury beach house rentals SC, a cold beer is a logical addition to the fridge in your Charleston beach house.
If you’re in one of our Isle of Palms vacation rentals right now, there’s a kinda kooky (but fun) beer-related event happening today.
It’s called Biscuit and Brews, and it’s located at Commonhouse Aleworks. Basically you are encouraged to use the spent grains from Low Tide and make your very best biscuit. DOG biscuit, that is. It’s a fundraiser for the fine folks at Pet Helpers, a local no kill animal rescue shelter.
The competition kicks off at 5:00 p.m.
The fun stretches all afternoon though, from 3:00 till 6:00. There will be plenty of beer, food trucks a’plenty, and raffles to boot.
Commonhouse is located at 4831 O’Hear Avenue in North Charleston. It’s not far from our SC vacation rentals. The beer part of the event’s best for those folks 21 and over staying in your beach house Charleston, but the rest is family friendly. Since Pet Helpers is involved, chances are there will be some adorable four-legged friends on site.
Here’s more from their Facebook event page.
Keep an eye peeled for the Wienermobile near our rental homes South Carolina
What’s summer without hot dogs? And what is America without over-the-top, oversized tacky marketing gimmicks?
Well, one of the best is making an appearance near our beach house rentals Charleston SC. It’s making several appearances, actually, and it will be hard to miss.
It’s the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, a gigantic hot dog on wheels that travels the country spreading joy and hot dog love.
The Wienermobile has been around for quite some time. In fact, the first one was built in 1936! It’s 27 feet long – roughly the length of 60 hot dogs.
It will be appearing in all its glory at area Publix grocery stores. Publix is a great place to buy groceries to fill the fridge, freezer and pantry of your luxury house on Isle of Palms. So while grocery shopping, why not take a selfie with a true American icon?
They’ll be hosting games and giveaways like coupons Wiener Whistles, and hot dogs.
Here is the schedule for the Wienermobile’s stops near our rental homes South Carolina:
- 8/23 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Publix Super Market at Queensborough Shopping Center 1000 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt. Pleasant
- 8/23 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Merchants Village 520 Folly Road, Charleston
- 8/24 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Palmetto Pavilion 8409 Dorchester Road, Suite 104, North Charleston
- 8/24 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.– West Ashley Place 3642 Savannah Highway, Suite 132, Johns Island
- 8/25 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Oakbrook Shopping Center 1575 Old Trolley Road, Summerville
- 8/25 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Paradise Shoppes of Summerville 1585 Central Ave. Unit A, Summerville
- 8/26 Publix – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – The Market at Cane Bay 1724 State Road, Summerville
- 8/26 Publix – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – St. Saint James Ave., Suite C, Goose Creek
Read more from Live 5 News.
So make some biscuits to go with your brew, and don’t miss the one-and-only Wienermobile. And when you are looking for beach rentals Charleston, namely Isle of Palms luxury rentals, be sure to call us. Our rental homes South Carolina are the best around.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger