We’re solidly in the throes of the fall festival season, and the coming week will also see the annual Halloween Carnival right here on the Isle of Palms.
10th Annual Towne Centre Fall Festival
First up is a fun fall festival that takes over Towne Centre in Mount Pleasant. It’s dubbed as “A Day of Family + Pet-Friendly Festivities to Celebrate Fall!”
The fun cranks up tomorrow – Saturday, October 26th, from noon till 3:00 p.m. It’s just over the Connector from our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. (For your GPS, that’s1218 Belk Drive in Mount Pleasant.)
Get set for:
- Trick or Treating: Kids are encouraged to dress in costume and trick or treat at the various stores throughout the outdoor shopping center;
- Arts & Crafts, face painting, caricatures, bounce house + balloon animals;
- Hula Hooping with Hoopitude;
- Photo booth with King & Fields Studio;
- Live music featuring Logan and The Kidders and Bach to Rock;
- Event Emcee: MY102.5’s Brian Cleary;
- Meet & greet with Charlie from the Charleston RiverDogs;
- Plenty of food and libations;
- Loads of exhibits by the likes of Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital, Veterinary Specialty Care, Charleston Animal Society, Hairy Winston Pet Boutique, Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry, Advanced Animal Care of Mount Pleasant, Corrective Chiropractic, Kids Garden, Get Pleasant Life Chiropractic, fingerprint kits by NY Life, LeafFilter Gutter Systems, Sleep Number, Stretch Zone, Scraps of Magic, GameStop, Savi Cucina + Wine Bar, Vestique, Ulta Beauty, LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, and many others;
- And last but not least – the Pet Costume Contest! Happening at 2:00, sponsored by Hairy Winston, with proceeds going to the Charleston Animal Society. It costs just $10 to enter, and they’ll award prizes in these categories: Best Duo, Most Topical/Trending, Best Homemade, Best Inanimate Object, Funniest, and Best Overall.
The Fall Festival is based in the lovely park area, The Oaks, across from Barnes and Noble. Admission is free. Here’s more from their website.
Halloween Carnival on the Isle
This year, Halloween falls on Thursday night. Every year the Isle of Palms sponsors a Halloween Carnival and Costume Contest at the Rec Center at 24 28th Avenue. Everyone is welcome, both residents and visitors alike.
They’ll have games, jump castles, face painting, temporary tattoos, plenty of candy and prizes. The fun happens from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, October 31st
At 5:30 the costume contest will start. Unlike Towne Centre’s Fall Festival, this one will be for two-legged little ones. They’ll judge by several different age divisions (1 and under, 2-3 years old, 4-5 years old, 6-7 years old, 8 years old, 9 years old, 10 years old, 11-12 years old, 13 and older).
Read all about it on the IOP website.
So check out a Fall Festival or a Halloween Carnival near the beach. And when you’re looking for the best beach homes to rent for a fall getaway, just give us a call at EP.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger