If you’re in a luxury house on Isle of Palms this weekend, you sure don’t have far to go for some fun. There are a couple fun events happening on the isle, one of which is brand new.
Although technically this is the offseason for beach rentals Charleston, it’s actually a perfect time to book a Charleston beach house. The weather is really lovely (in the 60’s and sunny today on the IOP). Plus, you can score some really great rates on all our beach house rentals Charleston SC.
First up: Doggie Days at the Rec, near your luxury house on Isle of Palms.
A number of our SC vacation rentals are pet friendly. If you traveled to your beach house Charleston with a four-legged family member of the canine variety, you may want to check out a fun annual event on the IOP.
It’s Doggie Days at the Rec, and it’s the place to be if you’re a dog or a dog lover. Even if you don’t have a dog, you’re welcome to come. (You just might meet a forever friend there.) It’s taking place this Saturday, February 10th, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Get set for:
- Rabies Vaccinations ($10) ;
- Microchips ($30);
- IOP Dog License ($5);
- Pet Photos (Free) ;
- Local Rescues – adoptions available;
- Variety of Animal and Pet Vendors;
- Prizes to be given away.
- Dog Show Competition – 10:30am
DOG SHOW COMPETITION CATEGORIES:
- Cutest Puppy (Under 1yr)
- Most Attractive (1yr+)
- Best Female Rescue
- Best Male Rescue
This event is open to the public – not just locals but also visitors staying in our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. Read more here.
It takes place at the IOP Rec Center in the middle of the Isle, at #24 28th Avenue. It’s convenient to all our rental homes South Carolina, basically just a walk or golf cart ride from our Isle of Palms vacation rentals.
The First Ever Front Beach Crawl and Raffle near your luxury house on Isle of Palms
This Saturday also marks the inaugural edition of some Front Beach fun, sponsored by the good folks of the IOP Exchange Club. You just might walk away with some seriously great prizes, including a brand new golf cart – the vehicle of choice on the Isle of Palms.
It’s happening from 1:00 till 4:00 p.m. and benefits the Exchange Club and local businesses. For a $20 entrance fee, you’ll get a bracelet that entitles the wearer to crawl amongst six local hotspots. They include the Windjammer, Banana Cabana, the Dinghy, Acme, Luke & Ollie’s and the VFW. There will be hors d’oeuvres and snacks at each place. Each drink purchase earns a chance to win a door prize from that venue.
Everyone will assemble at the Windjammer at 4:00 p.m. for the awarding of prizes and live music by WALLSTReAT
Raffle tickets are $100 each. It sounds a little pricey until you see what the prizes are. They include:
Sand and Surf Package- $5,000 Value:
- Lodging in Wild Dunes Resort • Dinner at Morgan Creek Grill • Golf at Harbor Course-Wild Dunes • Offshore Fishing aboard the “A Fish A Knot O” • Jet Ski rental by Tidal Wave at the IOP Marina
America’s Capital Tour- $5,000 Value:
- White House and Capital Tour • Private tours of: Arlington Cemetery, Museums, National Mall Memorials • Private meeting with SC’s two US Senators • Luxury Hotel Accommodations- MGM Grand with dinner at Voltaggio’s • Commemorative US flag flown over the US Capitol • Surprise VIP Tickets
Golf Cart and IOP Vacation Package- $9,000 Value:
- 2017 EZ Go Golf Cart by Go Garrett Golf Cars that is yours to keep • Vacation Beach Home for one week • One-day boat rental from IOP Marina • Coastal Expedition Gift Certificate
Charlotte Panthers Weekend Get-A-Way- $4,000 Value:
- Charlotte Panthers – Club Level Tickets • Luxury Hotel Accommodations • Steve Palmer Restaurant Dinner
Wow, those are some great prizes! You don’t have to be present to win. You don’t have to participate in the Crawl to buy a raffle ticket, and vice versa.
The Exchange Club, who benefits, is guided by these Four Pillars:
- The prevention of child abuse;
- Americanism and the support of veterans;
- Youth programs and scholarships;
- Community Service.
Find out all the details, register and buy tickets here.
So have some island fun this weekend, and you just might win a major prize. And when you are searching for luxury beach house rentals SC, call EP. We’ll hook you up with the perfect luxury house on Isle of Palms.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger