If you’re in one of our beach rentals Charleston this weekend, get set to get in an island mood, mon. Our Isle of Palms vacation rentals might not be in Jamaica, but it sure will sound and taste like it.
As I blogged about earlier this summer, reggae is in air. The Reggae Nights Summer Concert Series has been entertaining folks during the peak months for luxury beach house rentals SC. Concerts take place in the big meadow at James Island County Park.
The venue is at 871 Riverland Drive across the Ashley River, a manageable drive from all our beach house rentals Charleston SC.
The August 3rd Reggae Nights Summer Concert with Mystic Vibrations was supposed to be the last of the season. However, it got cancelled. They are making up for it tonight – Friday, August 24th. Come hear the music of Amani Smith and the Give Thanks Band.
You’re encouraged to bring chairs or blankets but not coolers. There will be plenty of food and beverages to satisfy the folks from your beach house Charleston.
Gates open at 7:30 and will remain open until 10:30. Each concert lasts from 8:30 p.m. till 11 p.m. Admission is just $10, or free for Gold Pass members and kids 12 and under. Here’s more about it.
Then there’s the REGGAE, JERK & WINE FESTIVAL near our beach rentals Charleston
Then, jump to Sunday, and it’s the fifth annual installment of a spirited combo festival taking place at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. This fun festival celebrates all things Jamaican, benefits some good causes, and should be perfect for all ages in your Charleston beach house.
Here are the details:
- A full day of fun – noon till 7:00 p.m. Sunday, August 26th;
- Jamaican specialties like jerk chicken and pork, curry goat and oxtail;
- “Best Jerk Chef” competition among professional and amateur chefs;
- Wine tent with tastings and presentations;
- Live reggae music by Local Lance Starr & Band, MC Wayne Hall and his soca tribute, Phorein (formerly Melo Yellow) of Montego Bay Jamaica (their first time performing in South Carolina or anywhere near our SC vacation rentals), steel band Sounds of Sand, and well as fan favorites The Dubplates;
- Dominoes, ludo, pepper eating contest & raffle;
- Arts and crafts marketplace;
- Proceeds benefit the Healthy Lifestyle Network, which educates kids and adults on healthy eating. It also benefits the Shelton Project, which works to fight childhood sexual abuse in Port Antonio, Jamaica.
- You’re encouraged to bring school supplies, soccer balls and shin guards, crafts and cotton fabric, which they’ll distribute to needy kids in Charleston and Jamaica.
- Ticket ($40) includes admission to the Plantation & Gardens, a souvenir glass and wine tasting. Ticket cost $25 for designated drivers or kids ages 13-20; kids 12 and under in your luxury house on Isle of Palms are free.
- More info and online ticket ordering at the festival website: http://www.screggaejerkfestival.com/
Magnolia is located at 3550 Ashley River Road in Charleston, a pleasant drive from all our rental homes South Carolina.
So get your reggae on. And when you are searching for beach rentals Charleston, namely Isle of Palms luxury rentals, be sure to call EP for the best.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger