As I covered in that last blog, Charleston Restaurant Week has kicked off near our Isle of Palms luxury rentals.
It’s going on now through a week from Sunday (January 20th), and it’s a fun way to feed the folks in your Charleston beach house.
The cuisine of the Lowcountry has become world famous, and the restaurant business around here is a fast-moving competition that columnists report on like sports scores. Restaurants open and close with shocking speed. Thus taking part in Charleston Restaurant Week could also be seen as an activity while you’re here staying in one of our beach rentals Charleston. It’s dual purpose in that sense – adventure and nourishment all at once, for all ages in your luxury house on Isle of Palms. Plus, it’s one less meal you have to cook.
Participating restaurants near our Isle of Palms luxury rentals
As I mentioned, well over 100 restaurants are taking part in CRW this time around. The following restaurants are taking part for the very first time and might be especially interesting to check out:
- Nico (near Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant, not far from our Isle of Palms vacation rentals), well known for its fresh oysters;
- Josephine Wine Bar;
- Swig & Swine (Downtown Charleston);
- Bourbon & Bubbles;
- Tradd’s (which took over the location of the former Cypress on East Bay Street downtown, also not far from our SC vacation rentals).
There are both dinner and lunch options among the many different restaurants taking part. Offerings and special prix fixe menus have gotten much more creative with each passing year.
You can get the whole scoop on the official website, with links to the special event menus, websites and reservations. When possible, you should definitely make a reservation for you and the folks in your beach house Charleston, as they tend to fill up very fast.
Another oyster option near our Isle of Palms luxury rentals
As I covered in a previous blog, an oyster roast is a longstanding, beloved Lowcountry tradition. It’s a way to enjoy a delectable gem of the ocean while having fun with friends and family around the shucking table.
You really have to experience one to understand the allure.
This weekend is your chance to try one in a pretty fun way. It’s Shuckin’ on the Cooper, a winter sister event to the ever-popular “Shaggin’ on the Cooper” summer dance series at scenic Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant. It’s organized by the good folks of Charleston County Parks, who put on an array of terrific events like the Holiday Festival of Lights.
This was originally scheduled for December but was postponed due to weather.
Here are the details:
- Fresh steamed oysters from Charleston Bay Gourmet, just $10 per bucket;
- A variety of hot dogs from Dave ‘n Dubs;
- Adult beverages for purchase;
- Other food and snack options available at the Riverwatch Café;
- Live music by folksinger/songwriter Joshua Jarman;
- This Saturday, January 12th, from 1:00-4:00 p.m.;
- Tickets $8 advance, $10 at the door if there are any left (advance ticket purchases highly recommended);
- Children 3 and under are free;
- More info and advance ticket sales on their website.
It’s happening at the Mount Pleasant Pier in Memorial Waterfont Park in Mount Pleasant, under the Ravenel Bridge. It’s an easy drive from all our luxury beach house rentals SC.
So check out a local restaurant or a classic Lowcountry oyster roast near our beach house rentals Charleston SC. And when you are looking for rental homes South Carolina, namely Isle of Palms luxury rentals, be sure to call EP for the best.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger