If you are flying in to stay in one of our Isle of Palms vacation rentals, you’ll enjoy the first fruits of a massive $200 million project that’s revamped the Charleston airport. And things will only continue to get better until all the work’s finally completed, probably in July.
Incredibly, through the entire process, they never missed a flight due to the construction.
Charleston International Airport is the busiest in the entire state, and it’s getting busier all the time. It saw a record 3.4 million passengers during 2015 – which far surpassed 2014’s numbers. They’re expecting 3.7 million people to come through this year.
Flying is a great way to get to our luxury beach house rentals SC, and help you arrive at your Charleston beach house ASAP. The airport itself is convenient to all our SC vacation rentals, either our Isle of Palms luxury rentals or a Folly Beach house Charleston. It’s also right near the impressive new Boeing production campus, the latest gem of the local economy.
Paul Campbell, CEO and Executive Director of the Charleston County Aviation Authority, put it this way: “We’re no longer a small town airport. We’re a big time airport. This whole area is growing like a weed, and we want to be here for it. We want to be the first impression when people get on the ground in Charleston, and we want to be the last impression when they leave.”
So when you’re flying in to one of our beach rentals Charleston, you might want to take note of some of the many improvements to the airport, such as:
- Overall addition of 50% to the total airport footprint
- The creation of five more gates, bringing the total to 15
- Renovation of Concourse A to match Concourse B
- New rental car pavilion
- Consolidated security screening
- Expansion and renovation of the baggage claim area (including a third carousel)
- Over half a million additional square feet of pavement for aircraft parking in the terminal apron area
- Better access to parking
- New administrative offices
- New jet bridges and energy plant
- Thoughtful and practical touches like electrical outlets in waiting area chairs, and work stations near the gates
- Lots of glass and skylights to let in natural light and views
- Makeover of the facade
More on the new and improved CHS you’ll see on your way to our Isle of Palms vacation rentals…
One of the most impressive areas of improvement is the stunning new dome in the Central Hall flooded with light, as well as walls of windows with terrific views.
The airport’s new food court and vendor area will feature much better choices, local specialties as well as art of the Lowcountry. So before you even arrive at your luxury house on Isle of Palms, you can already get a taste of the area.
Establishments will include:
- Downtown Charleston’s favorite gourmet market, Caviar & Bananas
- Harvest & Grounds Bakery and Coffee
- Charleston Beer Works
- Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Grill (the man himself is slated to attend the grand opening of his 3,000 sq. ft. bar and restaurant)
- Veranda News
- Lowcountry Harley Davidson
- Tech on the Go
Here’s more on the story: http://www.live5news.com/story/31805226/chs-officials-to-give-update-on-airport-renovation
This is the Post & Courier’s take on it, which has a gallery of great photos: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20160425/PC05/160429622
So enjoy everything that a couple hundred million dollars can buy. And remember, when you are looking for rental homes South Carolina, namely beach house rentals Charleston SC, to call EP. Our Isle of Palms vacation rentals are the best that money can buy.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger