Well, you know for a fact that peak season for Isle of Palms luxury rentals is just about over when PSLs start showing up.
That’s Pumpkin Spice Lattes, of course.
The weather near our beach rentals Charleston may still say summer. After all, this week the temps near our SC vacation rentals look to be at or near 90 degrees. The ocean waters outside your beach house Charleston are about as warm as it gets.
But this coming Monday is Labor Day. It marks the official end of the peak summer season for beach house rentals Charleston SC. For our Isle of Palms vacation rentals, it means the end of bi-weekly trash pickup and weekly recycling pickup. Starting next week, it’s back to once a week for garbage pickup and every other week for recycling.
It also means you can start getting some great deals on luxury beach house rentals SC. Call EP to book a Charleston beach house for the coming months at a lower rate.
Then there’s one of the main harbingers of autumnal things to come.
Today – Tuesday, August 28th – marks the official annual return of the beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte to Starbucks beverage rotation. The reappearance of Halloween candy and decorations can’t be far off.
Talk about a fan favorite. It’s the beverage that launched a gazillion pumpkin-flavored products.
Believe it or not, this is the 15th anniversary of Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Also showing up now at Starbucks: the also-loved Salted Caramel Mocha, plus new items: maple pecan muffins, blueberry muffins, and wise Owl Sugar cookies.
Whether or not you’re in one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals, here are the top things to know about PSLs according to Starbucks:
- The original handcrafted PSL was born in 2003 in the Liquid Lab, a secure research and development space at Starbucks headquarters in Seattle
- It was the brainchild of Peter Dukes, director of espresso brand management at Starbucks (also known as the “father of PSL”)
- During the development process, the team brought real pumpkin pies into the Liquid Lab, even pouring espresso shots on top to find the perfect flavor
- One of the original ideas for the name was the “Fall Harvest Latte” (the FHL?)
- PSL is made with real pumpkin and the spices include cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg
- When it first launched in 2003, the PSL was only available in 100 Starbucks stores in Vancouver and Washington, D.C.
- The PSL is now Starbucks top-selling seasonal beverage of all time
- Since it first launched, it’s now available in nearly 50 countries throughout the Americas and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) regions
- Everyone’s favorite Twitter personality, @TheRealPSL, came on the scene in 2014 (along with his cat, Ginger!), and became Instagram verified in 2015
- During the fall, customers express their #PSL enthusiasm with an average of 3,000+ tweets per day!
- This year, we created our first Facebook group, the Leaf Rakers Society, as a gathering place for fall fanatics to celebrate (and anticipate) their favorite season
- PSL is easily customizable! Customers can try it with an alt-milk like soy, coconut or almond; order it iced or as a Frappuccino; try it with an extra shot of our Signature Espresso or with our delicious Blonde Espresso; or even add Pumpkin sauce to their Latte, Chai or Cold Brew!
- Bonus: You can get the flavors of PSL in your grocery aisle, too!
You can read more about it here.
So head over to Starbucks for an early taste of fall. And when you are looking for rental homes South Carolina, namely a luxury house on Isle of Palms, be sure to call EP. Our Isle of Palms luxury rentals are fan favorites.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger