As I’ve blogged about a lot recently, we’re cruising into the prime part of festival season near our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. Spoleto is on the near horizon, and every weekend seems to bring another festival or two. Or three, or four.
This weekend is the North Charleston Arts Fest, which believe it or not has been going on for 36 years now. It’s a cultural extravaganza of all things art, and it runs now through Sunday. All events are free. They include the Arts Fest Expo, the Marsh Jam, the Arty Block Party, and the Children’s Festival Luau for the little ones staying in your beach house Charleston. Events take place all around North Charleston, with the main expo being at the Convention Center near the airport. It’s a convenient drive from all our luxury beach house rentals SC.
But if you’re coming to stay in one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals this weekend, you don’t even have to leave the island for a fun kickback time.
Tomorrow is the latest installment of a relatively new open air live music event taking place on the Isle itself, right near all our Isle of Palms vacation rentals.
It’s called Music in the Park. Here are the details:
- Saturday, May 5th from 1:00 p.m. till 4:00 p.m.
- Live music by….
- Sweet Potato Pie playing from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. They’re an all-female band blending bluegrass, country and gospel in harmonious ways to create a sound they call “sweetgrass.” Great Lowcountry name! https://www.sweet-potato-pie.com/home
- Then, playing from 2:30 p.m. till 4:00, it’s Palmetto Blue Band with their award-winning bluegrass music http://www.palmettoblue.com/
- Conveniently located in the middle of the island under the pavilion at the Recreation Center – #24 – 28th Avenue, IOP;
- Just hop on a golf cart or ride a bike from your luxury house on Isle of Palms;
- Local food trucks like Mazyck’s Grill will be on hand to provide refreshment and vittles, along with popcorn, lemonade and Italian ice vendors;
- You’re encouraged to bring a blanket or beach chairs to enjoy the afternoon, just down the street from many of our SC vacation rentals.
- In case on inclement weather, the event will move inside the Rec Center, though last I checked, the weather this weekend looks marvelous.
There’s nothing like a little live music plus some good southern food to get a week at one of our beach rentals Charleston off to a great start. Here’s the full scoop from the official IOP website. And this, from the Moultrie News.
By the way, if you have kids staying in your Charleston beach house, the IOP Rec Center is a real find. It boasts an awesome playground right near the pavilion, as well as soccer and baseball fields, tennis and basketball courts, so the kids can play while you enjoy the music.
Then, grab some BBQ right near our Isle of Palms luxury rentals
Right as the live music ends at the Rec Center at 4:00, you can cruise on over to the Isle of Palms Methodist Church to pick up dinner. Their Men’s Club is hosting one of its very popular BBQ dinner days. It’s also right near all of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals. You can dine in, or better yet carry out or even drive through to pick up delicious southern BBQ to take back to your beach house. Plus, it’s for a good cause. Several, actually.
It’s in the dogleg of Palm Boulevard, where it meets 21st Avenue. 12 21st Avenue for your GPS.
Men’s Club BBQ
Saturday, May 5, 4:00-7:00
Tickets are $10.00 per meal or per pound for bulk BBQ
BBQ on bun, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, and Pickles
*Desserts available for purchase
Proceeds to benefit:
HALOS, BSA Troop 502, ECCO, My Sister’s House,
East Cooper Faith Network,
Meals on Wheels, One 80 Place,
Water Missions International,
Epworth Children’s Home,
and the Charleston Wesley Foundation
Carry Out, or
Cash or Check only
Here’s their website.
So enjoy some live music on the Isle, and pick up some great local que. And when you are looking for rental homes South Carolina, namely beach house rentals Charleston SC, call EP. Our Isle of Palms luxury rentals are awesome, and you don’t have to leave the Isle for food and fun if you don’t want to.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger