Laurel Hill County Park
Laurel Hill County Park
Laurel Hill County Park is a beautiful park site that lies just northeast of Isle of Palms. This state park features miles of walking, running and biking trails that wind through a variety of different landscapes. If you are looking to get out of the house and breathe in some fresh air during your vacation, this is definitely the place to do it. Whether you want to run, walk, or bike, Laurel County Park is the perfect place to do it.
Over 745 acres in total size, Laurel Hill County Park features large open meadows, a small lake, an oak allée, and breathtakingly beautiful sights. You can find Laurel Hill County Park’s public trailhead access at 1251 Park West Blvd., Mount Pleasant, SC 29466, or call the park service desk at (843) 795-4386. Not only is the park open to the public, but it can also be rented out for large functions. Make sure that you check out the state park website or call before visiting to ensure the park is open to the public on that given day.
Park Trail Rules
Here is some of the more important rules to follow in the park:
• Laurel Hill County Park is set up for a pack it in; pack it out style of bringing in items. If you bring anything with you into to the park, make sure that you plan on bringing it out. There are no provided trash receptacles, nor will they tolerate leaving trash behind.
• There are no restrooms provided on the park grounds.
• Pets are allowed in the park, but they must be kept on leashes at all times. Owners are also required to clean up after their pet while on Laurel Hill park grounds.
• Camping is prohibited inside park grounds.
• Prohibited materials include firearms, fireworks, remote-controlled airplanes, and/or dangerous projectiles. Mount Pleasant Police have jurisdiction over the park and parole the area regularly.
Laurel Hill County Park is a great place for all sorts of outdoor activities. Picnics are highly encouraged on park grounds. They park is kept in great condition for guests and they love to see people enjoying its beauty. Just make sure that you bring any food items or trash out with you. If you are looking for something more exciting, the park hosts many special events throughout the year. Make sure you continue to check on the park’s special events to see what they are hosting while you are staying on Isle of Palms. We highly recommend this park for your vacation and we are sure you will love it as much as we do.