Coming to one of our rental homes South Carolina in the month of January (or any month with the letter “r” in it) is a wise move, since you’ll get to experience a classic Lowcountry specialty, oysters and oyster roasts. As I covered in that last blog, the world’s largest oyster festival is coming up at the end of the month. Morgan Creek Grill also has them going on every Saturday for the foreseeable future.
There are a couple more options to get your oyster on. Every Thursday at 6:30, they’ll be hosting an oyster roast with steamed local oysters at The Dinghy on the Isle of Palms. They’re just $7 per bucket, and there’s also live music by Donny Polk. The Dinghy is located at 8 J.C. Long Boulevard, not far from Exclusive Properties’ office, and especially convenient to our Isle of Palms luxury rentals.
Also, coming up on Saturday, January 28th, it’s the F. T. Stack Memorial Oyster Roast, a big annual event at the Exchange Club on the Isle of Palms. It includes expertly prepared single select oysters, chili and hot dogs, silent auction, raffle, live music by the Kelly Sanchez Duo, and shaggin’ on Hamlin Creek. This is a popular fundraiser for student scholarships, and it’ll go on from 4:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $35 advance and $40 the day off, and it’s limited to 425 tickets. Here’s the official website: http://ioproast.com/
Spoleto lineup announced! Time to book one of our rental homes South Carolina
One of the preeminent arts festivals in the country (and arguably the world) has announced who will be performing this year and when, and beginning tomorrow, you will be able to purchase tickets.
As usual, it’s an impressive and eclectic mix. Here’s the scoop from the Post & Courier: http://www.postandcourier.com/features/spoleto-festival-announces-programming/article_d408b59a-ce03-11e6-bd1e-7bf2b55131a7.html
The dates of this year’s festival are May 26th through June 11th. Over 150 performances will take place in venues across the peninsula and beyond. This is the 41st year of the festival which draws crowds of viewers as well as top artists and performers from around the globe to Charleston.
If you are interested in one of our SC vacation rentals for the time of the festival, either Isle of Palms luxury rentals or a Folly Beach house Charleston, please call for availability as soon as possible. The secret is out that a Charleston beach house is a great home base for a visit to the festival, and it’s an extremely popular time to be in Charleston. The sooner you call, the more likely you’ll be to get your pick of your ideal luxury house on Isle of Palms or Folly Beach rentals Charleston.
Tickets officially go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 18th, although they are currently available for purchase by donors who give at least $100. Here’s more on that option.
Tickets will be available for purchase either online or by phone, by calling (843) 579-3100.
Some of the 2017 Spoleto highlights include:
- Tchaikovsky’s grand opera “Eugene Onegin,” based on Pushkin’s verse novel;
- “Quartett,” an contemporary opera by Italian composer Luca Francesconi;
- “Farnace” by Vivaldi, featuring countertenor Anthony Roth Costanzo;
- Samuel Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot,” a production of the Galway-based Druid Theatre Company at the Dock Street Theatre;
- “Ramona,” tragic play in Georgian Russian (with English supertitles) about two trains in love
- “Angel of Kobani,” a play about a heroic female Kurdish sniper in Syria;
- “The Table,” a cardboard puppet show from Blind Summit Theatre;
- “Murmurs,” a surreal show by Victoria Thierree Chaplin;
- “Il n’est pas encore minuit,” by the amazing French dancer/actors of Compagnie XY;
- Company Wang Ramirez’ ballet-martial arts production for two dancers; a flamenco “Yo, Carmen” a flamenco show featuring Maria Pages;
- “WHALE” by Gallim Dance;
- “OCD Love” by from L-E-V;
- A world premiere production by tap dynamo Ayodele Casel.
- Jazz and Pop………..
- Dee Dee Bridgewater in the Cistern Yard
- Argentine singer Sofia Rei;
- Terrance Blanchard and the E-Collective;
- the Pedrito Martinez Group from Cuba;
- the Charles Lloyd Quartet;
- Butler, Bernstein & the Hot 9;
- clarinetist Evan Christopher;
- Rhiannon Giddens;
- the string band Della Mae; and
- The Revivalists, at the Middleton Place finale event
- Mahler’s gorgeous Symphony No. 4;
- Mozart’s Great Mass in C minor;
- The popular Music in Time series of contemporary works at the Woolfe Street Playhouse;
- The chamber series led by Geoff Nuttall;
- Two programs featuring the extraordinary Westminster Choir.
Here’s a link to the official Spoleto website, with the current season’s full schedule as well as all the info on ticket purchasing: http://spoletousa.org/current-season/shows/
Also, a trip to the Lowcountry and one of our beach house rentals Charleston SC isn’t complete without touring through some Charleston gardens. The Charleston Horticultural Society and The Garden Conservancy are collaborating with the Spoleto Festival to offer self-guided tours of private gardens on the peninsula. Here’s more on that: https://spoletousa.org/events/behind-the-garden-gate/
So check out that Spoleto schedule and start planning your stay ASAP. And rremember, when you are searching for rental homes South Carolina, especially Isle of Palms vacation rentals, call EP. Our portfolio of luxury beach house rentals SC is, just like Spoleto, world-class.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger