Although technically we are past peak season for SC vacation rentals, the weather is absolutely gorgeous this week, and there’s an abundance of particularly healthy things to do.
It’s a great time to book a Charleston beach house, whether it’s one of our Isle of Palms luxury rentals or a Folly Beach house Charleston.
First up: Wellness Fair on the IOP, near our SC vacation rentals
One of the best investments you can make is in your health and well-being.
The good folks at the Isle of Palms have an annual event to help you along that path. It’s the IOP Community Wellness Fair, a partnership of the City of IOP, East Cooper Medical Center and Harris Teeter. It’s taking place this Friday, September 22nd, from 7:00 – 11:00 a.m.
There will be free cholesterol screening blood tests by ECMC. You’re asked to fast for 12 hours before the blood work, and to make an appointment by calling (843) 884-7031. You’re also encouraged to drink a lot of water beforehand. Organizers are providing food and beverages for you after the test.
Harris-Teeter Pharmacy will be offering flu shots. They’ll be free as long as you show an insurance or Medicare card.
Keep an eye peeled for more than 20 health professionals, specialists and wellness resource people on site to offer information, freebies and steps to a healthier, happier you.
It takes place at the IOP Rec Center in the middle of the Isle, at #24 28th Avenue. It’s convenient to all our rental homes South Carolina, especially if you’re staying in one of our Isle of Palms vacation rentals.
Run for the turtles near our SC vacation rentals
This year the South Carolina Aquarium is reprising a relatively new fun beach run/walk that will benefit sea turtles and their new Sea Turtle Care Center (turtle exhibit and hospital expansion).
It’s called the Turtle Trek 5K, and it’s happening this coming Saturday, September 23rd.
Here are the stats:
- Takes place at the IOP County Park, site of many of the Aquarium’s sea turtle releases, and very close to most of our SC vacation rentals;
- Packet pickup is from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. day of;
- Beach sweep and warm-up: 4:00 – 5:00;
- Kids’ fun run starts at 5:30 p.m.;
- Adults’ 5K run starts at 6:00;
- Registration fee ($40 adult + $3 sign-up fee, $20 kids + $2.50 sign-up fee) includes race entry, technical T-shirt, and after party access at The Windjammer;
- After Party will have awards, free food for all runners by Jim ‘N Nick’s, raffle with prizes, and live music by Moxie RoxMe.
IOP County Park is located at 1 14th Avenue and is convenient to all our beach house rentals Charleston SC, especially so if you’re staying in a luxury house on Isle of Palms.
So take good care of yourself, and try a beach run. And remember, when you are looking for SC vacation rentals – especially luxury beach house rentals SC – call EP. We have the best on the beach.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger