Christmas is less than a week away, but if you’re here in a luxury house on Isle of Palms, take heart. There’s still time to ship gifts to friends and family back home or wherever they may be.
But you’d better act fast, as deadlines are looming.
As I covered in that last BLOG, this past Friday was National Free Shipping Day, so you may have taken advantage of that.
If not, don’t fret – because there are still deals out there and just enough time to get it to your destination.
Online shopping has taken off like gangbusters, and this year has hit record sales. I mean, why on earth not? Why fight traffic and lines, and spend all that time scurrying around when you don’t have to? It’s much better to chill out at your Charleston beach house, whether it’s one of our Isle of Palms vacation rentals or Folly Beach rentals Charleston. Relax in the 70 degree sunny weather, “lay out” on the porch of one of our oceanfront SC vacation rentals and fire up the laptop.
Of course, the main mail service is USPS, or the United States Postal Service. Here are some interesting stats on the USPS this holiday season:
- They’ll deliver over 15 billion pieces of mail;
- In the days between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, they’ll deliver more than 850 million packages.
- This represents more than a 10% increase over last year!
- Unlike past years, when there used to be a single busiest day for the Post Office, that’s no longer the case. The busiest time is considered to be the two weeks prior to Christmas. And we’re right in the thick of it.
Of course, you may want to purchase those gifts yourself and ship them from here. After all, Charleston is one of the most fun places to do some very special local shopping for your loved ones. A sweetgrass basket makes a wonderful gift!
Well, the time is nigh to ship. This is what the USPS recommends for shipping dates and options, whether you’re in a beach house Charleston or somewhere else.
- December 19 – First Class Mail (including greeting cards and light packages weighing up to 13 ounces). This is TODAY!
- December 20 – Priority Mail
- December 20 – Hawaii to Mainland Priority Mail Express
- December 20 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail & First Class
- December 21 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail Express
- December 22 – Priority Mail Express
Read all about it here.
If you’d rather ship via FedEx near your luxury house on Isle of Palms
There’s a FedEx location just over the Connector from our Isle of Palms luxury rentals, near Towne Centre and Lowes.
Here are the recommendations for dates and methods of shipping with them…
- Dec. 19 with FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 20 for both FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
- Dec 21. with FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight and First Overnight.
- Packages delivered on Dec. 23 will incur a $16 per-package Saturday delivery fee.
You can get more info at their website.
Then, of course, there’s also UPS…
The men in the brown outfits and trucks are also ready to help get your gifts to their destinations.
Following are their dates:
- Dec. 20 with UPS 2nd Day Air (without Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 21 with UPS 2nd Day Air (if Saturday delivery is available; Saturday delivery isn’t available in all ZIP codes)
- Dec. 22 with UPS Next Day Air (with Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 24 with UPS Express Critical
- Dec. 25 with UPS Express Critical
You can calculate the time and cost for your package on their website.
And last but not least, there’s Amazon.
Amazon is good option to ship something to yourself in a luxury house on Isle of Palms!
- Dec. 22 with for two-day shipping (which is free for Amazon Prime members)
- Dec. 23 with one-day shipping (only available in certain cities but is free for Prime members)
- Dec. 24 with same-day delivery (only available in certain cities but free for Prime members)
- Dec. 24. These deadlines are for within the contiguous U.S. only.
If you have Amazon Prime, you have three more days to pick your gifts and still make it on time, with no extra cost for shipping! Amazing.
So good luck shopping and shipping. And remember, when you’re shopping for rental homes South Carolina, namely beach house rentals Charleston SC, to call EP. We’ll match you with the perfect one of our luxury beach house rentals SC
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger