Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is playing host to another fun nature-based event tomorrow – the Butterfly Bash.
It’s a celebration of butterflies, bumblebees, wildflowers and other crucial (and cute) participants in the pollination process of the garden.
Magnolia also hosts the ever-popular Ladybug Release each year, when they let guests let thousands of the cute little bugs free on the garden grounds. They recently hosted their seventh annual one August 1st. Read all about it in this blog.
The butterfly bash is something they just started last year. It proved so popular that they’re bringing it back for the second annual installment, albeit with pandemic precautions in place, like social distancing to keep both staff and guests safe.
It’ll be happening Saturday, September 12, 2020, from 9:00 a.m. till 3:30 p.m.
What’s on tap for the Butterfly Bash?
- Engaging expert guest speakers throughout the day, ideal for both children and adults;
- Guided nature walks and tours;
- Learn about such things as the life cycle of the butterfly, and pollinator plants;
- Perfect for gardeners, wildlife enthusiasts, and everyone!
- Live music;
- Fun, interactive children’s activities;
- Costumes encouraged! Come dressed as a butterfly or other pollinator;
- Activities take place in the Children’s Garden;
- Admission is included with entrance to Magnolia Gardens;
- Adults are $20, kids 6 to 12 are $10, and children 5 and under are free;
- Call (843) 571-1266 for more information;
- Purchase advance tickets on their new ticketing page here.
Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is located at 3550 Ashley River Road in Charleston, west of the Ashley River. Magnolia dates all the way back to 1676 and is Charleston’s most visited plantation. It opened to the public in 1870 and boasts the oldest public gardens in America.
The Romantic-style gardens are lush and gorgeous at all times of the year. Its extensive collection of camellias is one of the best on the planet.
So celebrate pollinators at a Butterfly Bash in America’s oldest (and many would say loveliest) gardens. And when you’d like to book a Charleston beach house, just give us a call at Exclusive Properties.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger