You know fall is definitely here when you spot a pumpkin patch.
As I covered in that last blog, a slew of fall festivals are coming down the pike. The color orange is appearing in a big way, especially with October right around the corner.
One of the most orange and fun fall family events is cranking up October 1st and running through the 31st, Halloween night. As a special bonus, it takes place on the grounds of one of the Lowcountry’s most iconic sites, Boone Hall Plantation. It’s located up Highway 17 north in Mount Pleasant. Turn right at the end of the Isle of Palms Connector, then look for it on your left.
It’s a mega Pumpkin Patch, Charlie Brown!
Boone Hall is hosting their annual Pumpkin Patch, starting this coming Tuesday, October 1st. It’s become one of the biggest fall attractions in the state.
Here you will find everything pumpkin and an amazing array of fun fall things to do. It’s a perfect fall outing for the whole family. They excel at hosting groups and birthday parties as well. It’s an ideal photo-op spot, perfect for the ‘Gram.
Here is some of what you’ll find on site:
- Pick your very own pumpkin fresh from the Pumpkin Patch, and pay by the pound;
- Family-friendly Hayride down Monster Alley;
- The biggest Jump Pillow in the state and other giant inflatables;
- Hay Mountain;
- Giant three-story Slide Tower, Rock Climbing Wall, Playground, Tire Climb and Sand Pit play area, Spider Web, Corn Hole Toss;
- Goat Walk and Rabbit Enclosure;
- All-American Petting Zoo;
- Lots of local produce and seasonal goodies and decor for sale;
- Open Oct. 1 – Oct. 31… Mon-Sat 9-6, Sundays 11-6.
- For ticket info and all the details, check out the Pumpkin Patch website.
While there, check out the aMAZing Corn Maze
One of the coolest parts of the Pumpkin Patch is the Corn Maze. It’s eight acres of adventure.
Each year they have a new design, often quite elaborate and a couple years in the making. This year’s design features the logo of ABC News 4, the presenting sponsor. A GPS-guided bulldozer cut the design into the cornfield.
Here is what they say about it: This year the corn maze will be divided into two mazes. There will be a shorter maze for those who just want to have a brief corn maze experience. The longer maze covers the majority of the corn field and is one of complicated twists and turns that will present quite a challenge for the more adventurous explorers.
Here’s more on the maze, complete with a “map” of the design to help you navigate the puzzling paths.
So pick a perfect pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch, just over the Connector from our Isle of Palms vacation rentals. And when you’re ready to book a great beach house, just give us a call at Exclusive Properties.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger